Three went in. Three came out. None even a shadow of who they once were.
When their car breaks down, Dee, her boyfriend Luke, and his brother Mike walk through a winter storm to take refuge in a nearby town called Purity Springs. When they arrive, the emergency sirens are blaring and the small farming town seems abandoned. With no other shelter, they spend the night in an empty house.
But they soon discover that not everything in Purity Springs is as it seems. When the town’s inhabitants suddenly appear the next morning, Dee, Luke, and Mike find themselves at the mercy of the charismatic leader, Elijah Hawkins, who plans to make Dee his new wife. Elijah’s son, Joseph, offers to help them escape . . . but the price of his help may be more than Dee and her friends can bear.
Top Five Teaser Lines from Creed
We polled the teen readers on our ARC Tour to find out what their favorite lines from CREED were. There was a lot of overlap and a few that just made us laugh out loud but in the end, these are the ones that one out!
- “I knew what to do if the man with razors on his hands attacked me in my dreams. I could tell you which way to run if an awkward kid rose from the lake, fully grown and wearing a hockey mask. I was even prepared to get off the damn plane when seven random kids from some stupid French class went nuts over the fear of it crashing. But I had no idea what to do when faced with a self-proclaimed profit and his entire bat-shit town.”
- “He was crazy. Elijah Hawkins wasn’t a religious zealot, he was crazy! And crazy wasn’t something you could reason with.”
- “Paranoia settled into my body like a dull ache, and I made my way farther away from the road. I wasn’t getting near those lights. I’d trust nobody but the two boys standing next to me. That was my new creed … at least until I got home.”
- “Part of me swore that the evil coursing through his veins had some superhuman origins, one derived not from God but from the devil himself. I knew Elijah would get up. No matter how hurt, no matter how illogical it seemed, Elijah Hawkins would get up.”
- “I had no doubt Elijah had sent out a search party, one armed with knives and Bibles.”
Blog Tour Giveaway