Here are a few of the books I have received recently.
And the answer is behind the wall of the Cave, aka Fenton Electronics, of which her father is the Director. Mia’s dad has always been secretive about his work, allowing only that he’s working for the government. But unless Mia’s willing to let the whole town succumb to a strange illness that ages people years in a matter of hours, the end result death, she’s got to break quarantine, escape the school grounds and outsmart armed soldiers to uncover the truth.
“A bewitching new thriller.” — The Wall Street Journal
In modern-day England, witches live alongside humans: White witches, who are good; Black witches, who are evil; and sixteen-year-old Nathan, who is both. Nathan’s father is the world’s most powerful and cruel Black witch, and his mother is dead. He is hunted from all sides. Trapped in a cage, beaten and handcuffed, Nathan must escape before his seventeenth birthday, at which point he will receive three gifts from his father and come into his own as a witch—or else he will die. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust—not even family, not even the girl he loves?
In the tradition of Patrick Ness and Markus Zusak, Half Bad is a gripping tale of alienation and the indomitable will to survive, a story that will grab hold of you and not let go until the very last page.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- The Little Lambs and the Very Special Mission offers children, families, and adults comfort, hope, and grief support after the death of a loved one.
- For children and adults experiencing death and grieving, this book is full of love, kindness, and empathy, and recognizes the emotions and feelings of loss.
- It is a book with strong Christian and family values with references to Heaven, Angels, Jesus, and the after life.
- In a gentle way, The Little Lambs and the Very Special Mission deals with growing up, facts of life, and difficult discussions like death and dying, life after death, health and safety, religion and inspiration.
- The main message of the story is the BE Attitudes. If we follow the little lambs’ BE messages: BE Kind, BE Gentle, BE a Friend, BE a Leader, etc., the whole world will be a better place.
All profits from the sale of this book goes to the “Angels in Charge Scholarship.” This award honors the fallen teachers and children, and goes to graduating seniors from the Newtown (CT) School District who are planning a career in elementary education.