In “Rock Harbor Search and Rescue,” a middle grade fiction novel based on Colleen Coble’s bestselling Rock Harbor series for adults, kids will enjoy the mixture of pets, adventure, suspense, and a mystery.
Emily O’Reilly is obsessed with all thingsSearch and Rescue. She volunteers with the team and goes on rescue missions with her stepmom. She is even selling homemade jewelry to save up for her own Search andRescue puppy. But when an expensive necklace is stolen from a renowned jewelry artist at Rock Harbor’s fall festival andEmily is accused of the crime, it looks like she’ll never get her puppy and be able to join the Rock Harbor Search and Rescueteam.
Emily isn’t willing to give up on herSearch and Rescue dreams that easily, andshe sets out to find the real culprit and to restore her reputation. With a few suspects in mind, Emily is determined to uncover the truth, but she isn’t prepared for the secrets she and the Search and Rescuedogs sniff out in the process. This exciting mystery is filled with twists and turns that will keep readers on the edge of their seatsand have them pining after a Search andRescue puppy of their own!
10 Things You Need to Know About Me
by Emily O’Reilly
- I’m 5’8” and taller than all my friends—I hate it!
- Do you know what it’s like to have to live with curly hair? Most of the time I pull it up in a ponytail. Sometimes I’d just like to cut it all off.
- I’ll tell you a secret—I really love my little brother even though he can be a big pest. He has diabetes though and I try to look out for him.
- My favorite color is Army green. I think it looks good on me, but my stepmom rolls her eyes when I ask for one more article of clothing in that color.
- I like history. I know, I know, no one likes history. But I think it’s pretty cool to imagine what it might have been like to have lived during the turn of the century.
- The one thing I wish I could change about myself is caring too much about what other people think of me. I get embarrassed and my face gets red. I hate that!
- I’ve got the boringest eyes in the world—plain old brown. I wish my eyes were green like Bree’s. Or even blue. Anything but brown!
- My dad owns a hardware store, and when my mom left us, I took over cooking and cleaning. Even though it was hard learning to do all that stuff, I think it was good for me. Some of my friends don’t even know how to use the washer! Can you imagine being 14 and not knowing how to wash your clothes? Ew!
- Timmy and I were lost in the woods when I was 8. That was the scariest thing ever. If you want to read about it, it’s in Without a Trace.
- Olivia is my best friend, and I have to help her in Lost and Found.
About the Authors
Carol Award winner Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
Born and raised in Louisiana, Robin Caroll is a southerner through and through. Her passion has always been to tell stories to entertain others. She gives back to the writing community by serving as Conference Director for ACFW. Her books have finaled/placed in such contests as Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice, Bookseller’s Best, and Book of the Year. To learn more about this author of deep South mysteries of suspense to inspire your heart.
3 print copies of Rock Harbor (US only)
2 e-books of Rock Harbor (INT)