|Hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner|
Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
The Reluctant Bachelorette, The Rent Collector, Edenbrooke
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Why We Broke by by Daniel Handler or Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan – I really need to read the next one & The Rent Collector by Camron Wright
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson & Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Revenants, Divergent or Soul Screamer
Julianne Donaldson, Amy Plum, Kelly Oram
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Where She Went – Way too much language for me but I still loved it
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
Grace Doll by Jennifer Laurens
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Daughter of Smoke & Bone/Days of Blood & Starlight
The Rent Collector
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Anna and the French Kiss
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
I didn’t write anything down but I’m sure it came from The Rent Collector
The longest is likely The Book of Mormon & the shortest is probably The Candy Fairies
Daughter of Smoke & Bone
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Mia & Adam from Where She Went
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Touch of Power by Maria Snyder
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Edenbrook by Julianne Donaldson
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
I visit so many new blogs each week I could even begin to choose just one.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
I am a reader, not a writer so I don’t have a favorite review that I wrote!
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
Not really one for “discussions” but To Finish or Not to Finish got some great comments.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
There were a couple – but most recently one on Originality on Parajunkee
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
LDSBA Convention in SLC
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
Helping an author launch her book.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My blog hop posts always get the most views
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I wish I could sticky a few reviews on my favorite book to be sure everyone gets a chance to read them.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
That you can email an ebook to your Kindle email address
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
- Read 150 books this year.
- Keep blogging fun so it doesn’t feel like a chore.
Blogging felt like a chore quite a few times and so far I’m at 134 books so I won’t hit 150.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Scent of Magic by Maria Snyder
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?