Welcome to Author Juliette Fay
Juliette Fay, author of The Shortest Way Home, won the 2009 Massachusetts Book Award Book of the Year for her first novel, Shelter Me. Her second novel,Deep Down True, was short-listed for the Women’s Fiction Award by the American Library Association. She received a bachelor’s degree from Boston College and a master’s degree from Harvard University. She lives in Massachusetts with her husband and four children. The Shortest Way Home is her third novel.
Night owl, or early bird?
The Shortest Way Home
Sean Doran has spent twenty years in third-world war zones and natural disaster areas, fully embracing his purpose: to do as much good as possible. But when burnout sets in, Sean finds himself drawn home to Belham, Massachusetts, the setting of Juliette Fay’s much-loved Shelter Me. There, he discovers that his steely elderly aunt, dramatic sister, and quirky nephew are having a little natural disaster of their own. But it’s an old friend — the class wallflower — who has Sean wondering if his destiny is about to be rewritten all over again, in another perfect serving of a slice of life from the irresistible Fay.
“As complex and full of surprises as the well-examined life. This is one beautiful novel, rich with depth and heart.”
– Julianna Baggott, bestselling author of Pure
– Amy Hatvany, bestselling author of Outside the Lines and Best Kept Secret
– Randy Susan Meyers, best selling author of The Murderer’s Daughters
– Nichole Bernier, author of The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D.
– Marisa de los Santos, bestselling author of Falling Together, Belong to Me and Love Walked In
Paperback open to US only, ebook open Internationally