Welcome to Author Deborah Cooke!
Deborah Cooke has always been fascinated with dragons, although she has never understood why they have to be the bad guys. She has an honours degree in history, with a focus on medieval studies. She is an avid reader of medieval vernacular literature, fairy tales and fantasy novels, and has written over forty romance novels and novellas. She has also been published under the names Claire Cross and Claire Delacroix.
Deborah makes her home in Canada with her husband. When she isn’t writing, she can be found knitting, sewing or hunting for vintage patterns.
10 reasons why it’s great to be the Wyvern – by Zoë Sorensson
1. In the world of Dragonfire – which would be my world – the Wyvern is the only female dragon shape shifter.
2. The Wyvern is supposed to have an extra bonus pack of powers, beyond those of the other dragon shifters. It’s good to be special.
3. All dragon shifters can breathe fire. It is truly awesome to have an Incinerate Now list and be able to act upon it.
4. The Wyvern is a prophetess, who can see past, present and future simultaneously. (Still working on that.)
5. All dragon shifters can breathe dragonsmoke, which is a territory mark that other dragon shifters can’t cross without permission.
6. The Wyvern can dispatch dreams. (And there are several people – okay ONE – I’d like to make dream about me. Working on it.)
7. The Wyvern can take additional shapes. She can shift shape to a salamander, as well as to a human and a dragon. (Salamanders are small and somewhat icky, but size means they can hide out better than dragons can.)
8. The Wyvern gets to hang out with bunches of really hot dragon guys – and be the only girl dragon. (Eye candy city. Trust me.)
9. The Wyvern can spontaneously manifest in other locations. This means she can move from one side of a dragonsmoke barrier to the other, without actually crossing it. This, as you might imagine, is very useful.
10. All dragon shifters can FLY! Woo HOO!
Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke:
The next generation of shape-shifting dragons from the popular author of the Dragonfire novels.
Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she’s been told she’s destined for great things. Zoë’s the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she’s sent to a Pyr boot camp.
Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.